The Time of Change has only been going for a few years, and much has already occurred. The “Orion Incident” at the Damara-Icaunus Jump Gate, the arrival of the Pliangrathilon and the rise of Psionics have all led to a feeling of unrest throughout the Consortium.
It is now 451CE and the Consortium has declared all-out war on the Resistance. Each side is attempting to control as much territory as possible. The uphill battle against Smertios Security might seem impossible for the Resistance, but overt control is not necessary to allow free movement… and there are increasingly sympathisers for its cause, even from within the ranks of the Big Eight companies themselves.
There may no longer be a weapon threatening 14 billion lives, but the fight is not over. The future of the Consortium is now in your hands…
What is it?
The Living Campaign is a way for every player to make their mark on the Consortium!
Through the structure, you’ll be able to affect the zones of control for the Consortium and the Resistance by your actions as a team for one of those factions.
The results of the Living Campaign will affect the next Era: The Consortium book, so choose your side carefully, and fight as hard as you can – will the Consortium or the Resistance dominate?
Memorable characters may also be included in the book, so don’t forget to include interesting details as they occur!
How does my group participate?
All you have to do is send the details of your session and what happened to one of the following places:
- E-mail us at email@example.com
- Post on our Facebook Group, https://www.facebook.com/groups/erad10games/
- Tell us in the #era-the-consortium channel on our Discord: https://discord.gg/6C4H9Cv
If you do that, Ed will personally add the results of your session to the map!
Information that is useful is:
- Which faction the characters work for!
- Which region of space they were in
- What was their main objective?
- Anything that happened of note during the session outside of the main objective.
We’ll be sending out regular updates via our News Posts and The Era Zone, so keep an eye out and see how things are going!
Please note that we do require a significant investment of time and effort to achieve something like eliminating a Big Eight CEO or building a Big Eight company. We are happy to provide guidance if contacted via the links above!
We will be running games at the various conventions we visit, as well as recorded online games, which will offer the opportunity for all players to shape the universe for times to come!
What’s the current state of the Consortium?
- A strange group of Sentient Beings, not matching any known race of the Consortium was reported arriving at Ceridwen. They disappeared from the station after shutting down various areas, seemingly taking nothing with them.
- The same group of creatures were spotted shortly afterwards on Gateway 2, the Resistance station in the Outer Damara System. They killed several individuals and took Dr Phil Adams hostage, along with several of his weapons prototypes.
- A riot occurred among the prisoners who were building warships at the shipyards in orbit of Clota. This was contained with minimal damage, and the stolen ships were returned by Admiral Bryce Christoffer.
- A Consortium Task Force, with members from each of the Big Eight, destroyed Gateway 2, the Resistance base in Outsystem Damara. Two parts of this space station remained intact and escaped, though not without Resistance casualties.
- Several of this Task Force flew a ship full of children to the Outsystem Combine, and Consortium relations have improved with them as a result.
- Several Consortium personnel defected to the Resistance during the Task Force’s activities, changing the balance of power in this region.
- Commander James Lynks was captured and handed over to Hardcastle Haulage, which was a significant blow to morale for the Resistance in the Damara system.
- Zweihander Unit recovered Dr Amanda Charles and a mysterious ship for the Resistance after boarding Ceridwen station. Their base was later destroyed through unknown means, and the ship was lost. The personnel assigned to the unit itself survived, as they were on a mission.
- An Open Technology base on Belisama mysteriously exploded, with the loss of all base personnel. This has been assumed to be a Resistance attack, which has damaged their reputation in some areas and improved it in others.
- A building in the Geso District of Taranis is first breached by Smertios Security, with numerous personnel lost, and then is bombed to destroy it. This is a public relations nightmare for the Consortium, increases the Resistance’s foothold on the homeworld of the Consortium.
- The Consortium carried out an elaborate sting attack near Labbonus against the White Scythe. By having the Resistance capture a decoy ship, rigged to self-destruct, and hand it over, they eliminated a number of key leaders of the pirate organisation, strengthening their position in the region.
- Falcata Unit, of the Resistance, managed to steal a transport full of artifacts leaving Sirona and convert some of the crew to the Resistance.
- A Senate-funded team investigated and eliminated pro-Resistance smuggling operations on Abnoab, strengthening the Consortium’s grip on that planet.
- Falcata Unit used the stolen ship to destroy a patrol in the region of Andastre, but raised suspicion on the Lugus Smertios Security Border Station while doing so.
- Cinqueda Unit recruited a pair of trainers for new Resistance recruits and hacked records to make the havoc appear to be the Consortium’s fault.
- A riot in a Rayven Optics factory on Verbeia causes a Consortium clampdown.
- The disappearance of a young Ximian, Ani’katsi, causes the people in her life to suspect a plot. However, the investigation turns up no leads and it is concluded that she left Clota to look for a better life elsewhere.
- An explosion destroying a deserted slum on Abnoab is blamed on the Resistance. Attacks on neutral targets worry the population of Abnoab, so the governor welcomes Consortium troops in numbers that have not been allowed in years.
- A full bombardment of Robor, destroying all of the domes and equipment, is conducted by Smertios Security. There are no longer pirates or Resistance members on this world. The people of the Consortium generally welcomes this – no-one is supposed to be there.
- A Ximian Hive on Essus claim the now-barren world as their property, and the Senate finally relents, giving them a second world in orbit of Viscious.
This map shows the current zones of control – blue for the Consortium and red for the Resistance:
This can change any time, though, so make sure you send in the results of your missions!