Era: Forbidden Core Rulebook
Era: Forbidden is a dystopian fantasy tabletop RPG set in a world destroyed in a war between angels and demons. Designed specifically for small groups, this game is ideal for 1-2 players and a GM, although larger groups are possible. Enter a world where you’re always an underdog, but hold a powerful remnant, discarded weapons from the holy war. With this fused into your being, you transform into a Forbidden, an abomination shunned by heaven, but also a powerful survivor in this doomed world. Fight against hellish hordes and divine divisions as they come to take the power from your human body – rebuild settlements in the ruins of the old world, and most importantly – Survive!
You may choose a new remnant every five levels, whilst learning to adapt the device you have to be extremely powerful; use them to enhance your combat prowess, or innate abilities. Remember, your remnant is more than just a piece of technology, it’s a relic from heaven or hell itself – expect your appearance to change accordingly, should you fully give in to its power.
In this rulebook you will find:
- The Core Era D10 ruleset, a versatile “dice pool” based TTRPG game system which powers play
- A robust guide to character creation, with a wealth of options to choose from
- A huge selection of fifty different remnants to choose from, all bestowing unique demonic or angelic abilities
- A versatile equipment list. Weapons cover both guns and explosives from before the war, and the bows, swords, and daggers used more widely among survivors in the new, ruined world. A list of armour and other equipment will further prepare you for life in the apocalypse
- A set of short stories that explore what it’s like to be a Human or Forbidden, setting the tone and relaying the lore of the game
- Ten session ideas to get you playing right away
- worked examples of the rules, and GM advice tailored to people new to running the game
- A bestiary of beautifully-designed, thematic enemies, with stats for multiple difficulty levels of each foe. No more of having the party level out of fighting the one monster the campaign is themed around!
The Era: Forbidden core rulebook (and a few dice!) are all that is required for anyone to play the game. With a player’s guide available to add new context, abilities, and much much more, as well as extra story and setting information, you’re all set for more adventure, should you want to dive deeper into the world of Era: Forbidden.